Thursday, August 16, 2012

5 Reasons to Read VintageSmash

Are you into vintage fashion and decor? Maybe you'd like tips on how to find the "real deal," big-ticket items during your thrift shopping adventures. Or perhaps you want to start an Etsy store and don't know where to begin. Here are 5 reasons why this blog should be on your reading list.

  1. Get exclusive sneak peeks of my Etsy shop inventory! There will be the occasional post where I giddily describe the items I just found at the Goodwill outlet. Said posts will probably be accompanied by pictures of said items. You'll see what's new before I even post it for sale in my shop!
  2. Keep up with runway trends and learn how to wear vintage! Hey, fashionistas! I try to keep up with current runway trends to tie them in with my shop listings. I'll give you the scoop on the latest trends and how to rock your vintage frocks with newer pieces in your wardrobe. Love Tory Burch? Check out this photo from her fall 2012 ready to wear runway show:
  3. Credit: Imaxtree
    Now check out this lovely set from the VintageSmash Etsy shop:
    VintageSmash on Etsy
    The mod look is very in this year. And here is an excellent example of how to get this season's looks for less - with vintage pieces! 
  4. Be entertained! If you like quirks and a good sense of humor - I'm your girl! Plus, I have a really cute cat (Sam), a really cute dog (Jackson), and two really cute little cousins (Chloe & Liam). All of them entertain me on a daily basis, so I might include a Chloe & Liam story of the day or the occasional SamGram. I should trademark that. Chloe SOTD: the other day my aunt said, "I'm getting too old for this, Chlo." Chloe looked at my aunt like she was crazy and exclaimed, "But, MOM, you don't even have a beard yet!"
  5. Go behind the scenes on my quest to find amazing vintage items! The occasional video/photo-gallery of my shopping adventures will provide an insight to my methods for finding great items. I'll show you what to look for and what to avoid. While I consider myself most knowledgable in the area of vintage clothing, I also hunt for glassware, jewelry, books, and more!
  6. Learn as I learn! I am always researching my items. Clothing labels, a fine china producer, an author... the list goes on. AND, we can't forget about Etsy sales tips and tricks. From SEO to blogging to taking photographs, I will fill you in! Research can be a daunting task, especially when you are just beginning. I will compile resources on various topics and post them for you to reference. Have a request? Just let me know!

I hope these are persuasive enough to keep you coming back for more! Have another idea for me? Leave a comment below! I plan to post 2-3 times a week. Be sure to connect with me on twitter and subscribe to my feed! Links are to the right. Thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I'll definitely be checking back to see your updates!!!

    (Don't forget to tell them about our awesome adventures in thrifting, Love!)

    ReplyDelete